Our team and our technology provide customized support for your business without the burdensome bureaucracy of a large investment bank.
SPONSORSHIP AND SUPPORT
GCS offers a platform for registering and supervising experienced private securities professionals.
- Experience in private placements and/or M&A
- Proven track record sourcing, soliciting, managing and closing deals
- Defined business focus with realistic, predictable revenue
- Current and active deal pipeline
- Unique approach to specific industry niche
- Established network of qualified, accredited institutional investors
- Driven, self-directed, able to work independently
- Strong sense of integrity and respect of securities rules and laws
Generally speaking, exam requirements are as follows:
- If you advise on investment banking or finance-related matters, but do not sell securities for a commission, you need the Series 79
- If you sell private securities for a commission, but do not advise on investment banking or finance-related matters, you need the Series 7 (more general), the Series 22 (pass-through placements), or the Series 82 (more limited);
- If you sell and structure, you need the 79 and the 7, 22, or 82
- In all cases, you need a Series 63 for registration in the states.
- If you manage people who do either 1 or 2 above, you need a series 24 or its equivalent in addition to the other registrations.
We sponsor qualified individuals for the following exams:
Questions about which exam you should take?
15a-6 Services for Foreign Broker Dealers
Are you an investment professional working from outside the United States and interested in showing your investment mandates to US institutional investors? If so, you may be able to operate under a “chaperone” arrangement as described in Rule 15a-6 of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934.
Under the chaperoning exemption, foreign firms are permitted to discuss securities with U.S. investors without registering themselves as a US broker-dealer. Instead, they can work through a “chaperone” FINRA member firm if the following conditions are met (please note that this is not an exhaustive summary):
- foreign firm engages in 15a – 6 arrangement with FINRA member firm in good standing
- conversations are exclusively with major institutional investors (as defined in Rule 15a-6(b)(4) of the Exchange Act)
- certain meetings on US soil require the FINRA member firm to be present
- FINRA member firm supervises communications with investors
- complete investor information is provided to FINRA member firm for identification and suitability analysis
As the chaperoning broker-dealer, GCS will:
- approve all personnel of the non-U.S. broker-dealer who contact U.S. investors
- conduct appropriate due diligence on the investment opportunity
- perform suitability and customer identification analysis on investors
- maintain books and records to the standards required by US regulation, which tend to be more onerous than non-US regulation
Informed timely support to keep your business moving
Proprietary Software Portal
Your dedicated Compliance Supervisor will advise you on the reporting you need to stay compliant with FINRA. Your Supervisor will work with you on each of your deals, and is responsible for reviewing and approving deal documentation for compliance. You will have direct access to your Supervisor who will know and understand your business and will provide efficient turn-around of your submissions.
Collaboration and Networking
As a Member of GCS, you join a large network of like-minded investment professionals, with whom you may choose to share deals, contacts and ideas. We encourage collaboration amongst our Members through social events, virtual meetings, and collaborative functions in OLIVIA.
Errors & Omissions Insurance
We maintain an E&O insurance policy to protect our Members against inadvertent misstatements made to investors. E&O insurance is extremely difficult to obtain sole practitioner, and can be cost prohibitive.
IT Package & Technical Support
We provide access to email, website hosting, and archiving capabilities that have been set up according to FINRA requirements. This includes smart phone setup and phone-based technical support.
Virtual Data Room
Our virtual data rooms provide a secure location to store deal documents online, and invite your clients to view them according to the permission levels that you determine. In addition, the log feature allows you to keep tabs on which of your clients have viewed the documents, enabling you to spend more of your time on the most likely prospects.
Our Library includes access to newsletters and compliance bulletins that focus on developments in the regulatory world that affect your business. The bulletins are designed with the active practitioner in mind, providing a clear idea of immediate actions to be taken and providing original source material for further research.
We determine the appropriate exams for your business model, cover the cost of the initial exams, and assist you with scheduling. We have also arranged for a discount on materials from a leading provider of training programs.
You will be able to take home the vast majority of the fees you generate. The technology-enabled business model allows for much higher payouts than are possible in a traditional brick-and-mortar setting.
Your needs are as unique as your deals. Let’s discuss.